Wednesday, 9 November 2011
Wednesday, 2 November 2011
halloween craft activities for childrenThis Halloween math activity book is a whole lot of fun. Kids will experiment with weight, measurement, buoyancy, scientific illustrations, texture, predictions and counting. This Pumpkin Math Book is designed to reinforce important school math skills in interactive and interesting ways.
What You Need:
- Large glass bowl filled with water
- Markers or colored pencils
- Small hand-held pumpkin your child can carry
- Printed Pumpkin Math Book
What You Do:
- Print both pages of the Pumpkin Math Book and carefully cut along the dotted lines. Arrange and staple the eight-page Pumpkin Math Book.
- Color the cover.
- Weigh your pumpkin and record. Be sure to label (pounds, kilograms, etc.)
- Measure the circumference of your pumpkin with string and tape it into the book.
- Circle the words that describe the texture of your pumpkin. Add your own describing words.
- Make a prediction about whether your pumpkin will float or not. Test your pumpkin in the bowl with water. Record the result.
- Complete the pumpkin pattern.
- Count the stripes on your pumpkin. Make sure to pay attention to where you started.
- Sketch your pumpkin. Add a silly or scary face!
- Share your Pumpkin Math Book with a sibling, parent or friend.